OptiPacs are a bundle of EDI integrations for Infor VISUAL ERPs. Infor Visual is an affordable enterprise resource planner (ERP) developed as an end-to-end solution to optimize the business systems of manufacturing companies.
If you have--or are thinking of investing in--Infor VISUAL, you are (or, will be very soon) utilizing electronic data interchange (EDI).
Many manufacturers operate their EDI service autonomous from their Infor VISUAL ERP through either an EDI Value-Added Network (VAN) or an onsite EDI system. In both scenarios, companies are EDI compliant and EDI capable. However, these systems operate separately from Infor VISUAL requiring separate processes and maintenance to exchange data with trading partners. Even worse, many manufacturers experience EDI at its bare minimum: they share data with trading partners and are left with flat file data only legible by a few in the company.
Here’s where OptiPacs come in.
OptiPacs allow for hands-free EDI utilization directly from your Infor VISUAL ERP.
Create an invoice for a trading partner in VISUAL, an insert script unique to that trading partner exports your invoice converting it to a CSV file. Your VAN then converts the CSV file into an EDI X12 4010 810 document and sends--an automated, hands-free, efficiency that complements and leverages your investment in optimizing your visibility and management of your business systems with Infor VISUAL.
Both inbound and outbound OptiPacs have three main components:
- A trading partner specific template to create EDI compliant data.
- SQL Server database tables to organize and store EDI data components.
- Stored procedures that export data from the tables, converts and sends the data as EDI compliant data to trading partners.
Alpha EDI developed OptiPacs as do-it-yourself implementations. After purchasing an OptiPac, you simply download and install the product. Every OptiPac includes free one-on-one support to ensure correct installation. If you're not satisfied, Alpha EDI will refund your purchase.
Typically, mapping and integrating EDI data costs several thousand dollars--PER TRADING PARTNER.
OptiPacs are modestly priced at $999.
Benefits of OptiPacs
- EDI automation from your Infor VISUAL ERP -- You create and import the documents you exchange with your trading partners right from VISUAL.
- Flexible visibility of EDI data -- The different components of OptiPacs allow you to access your EDI data within Infor VISUAL, in CSV format, within SQL Server database tables, and as EDI compliant data.
- Cuts labor costs dedicated to running your EDI system -- Anyone using Infor VISUAL will be able to send EDI documents.
- Creates a true end-to-end solution for manufacturing companies -- If you have Infor VISUAL, you already understand the advantages of having optimized processes and comprehensive visibility to maintain a competitive advantage. Gaining the same advantages with EDI from your ERP brings your visibility and efficiency to the next level.
Got Questions? We’ve Got Answers!
Our team of EDI specialists is happy to answer any of your questions. We can help with outsourcing your EDI service, questions on EDI mapping and data translation, and any other EDI related questions and concerns.